June 26, 2023 3 min read
Get ready to learn and recreate the popular Wispy Cat Eye look! In this guide, we'll break down the process into sections, starting from the initial planning stage all the way to the final design. Let's dive right in!
1. Planning your lash set
Lashing with Eyes Open: To ensure flawless results, it all begins with a well-thought-out plan. To avoid any unwanted shifts in lash placement, it is recommended to work with your clients' eyes open. The eyelid can move significantly when they close their eyes, which may affect the final outcome.
Marking the Longest Spikes: With your client's eyes open and looking straight ahead, use a non-toxic sharpie to mark the area where the longest spikes should be placed. This temporary mark serves as a guide for lash application. Using a non-toxic sharpie, you can easily mark the desired lash placement. Don't worry; it comes off easily, even if it's waterproof!
Giving the Lash a Bath: Before proceeding, give the lash a gentle wash. The sharpie marks will partially wash off, remaining visible enough for reference while applying the lashes.
2. Mapping and Direction
Consistency and symmetry are key to a stunning cat eye lash set. Creating a well-defined lash map and working with lash direction is crucial for achieving the captivating wispy cat eye effect.
- Insert Eye patches and Draw the Map: Place a pair of lint-free eye patches to separate the upper and lower lashes, allowing for easier mapping. Use the earlier sharpie marks as a reference to section the lash map. We have a sample lash map here but every set may require a unique map, so adapt it to suit your client's specific eye shape and desired outcome.
- Create the Sweeping Effect: For the wispy cat eye look, it's essential to direct all the lashes to face the ear, starting from the outer corner and extending towards the inner corner. This technique creates a captivating and sweeping effect that enhances the overall lash appearance.
3. Lash according to your Map
Now that your map is ready, it's time to bring it to life by applying the lashes in a strategic order:
- Priming for Maximum Retention: Before starting the lash application, ensure you use primers to maximize lash retention and promote longevity.
- Begin by applying the longest spikes of the lash set. These lashes serve as the core or "spines" of the wispy set. Whether you create your own using Cashmere lash trays or use our Premade Wispy Fans, ensure these spikes are accurately placed. Check that they follow the desired cat eye shape and direction.
- Checking and Adjusting: Once the longest spikes are in place, assess whether they align with the desired direction and cat eye look. If any spikes need adjustment, make the necessary corrections.
- With the core spikes set, it's time to enhance the overall texture and fullness. Fill the gaps between the spikes using our Premade 3D or 5D fans or our Cashmere lashes for a classic set. You can also mix them together for a natural hybrid style. If you used our Wispy Lashes earlier, your set would already have some texture, so adjust accordingly to achieve the desired wispy effect.
Congratulations! You're now equipped with the knowledge and steps to create the perfect wispy, dramatic cat eye lash set. By following this guide, you'll be able to achieve beautiful results that are sure to impress. Remember to prioritize planning, customize lengths, and focus on proper placement. And don't forget the importance of pre-service preparation and aftercare for optimal retention!
Looking for beautiful wispy lash fans?
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …