If you’re looking to enhance your natural beauty without the hassle of daily mascara application, eyelash lifts might be the answer. These treatments offer an instant lift, volume, and curl to your natural lashes, giving your eyes a more open and captivating appearance. But how long do these lash lifts last? In this guide, we’ll explore the typical duration of lash lifts, factors affecting their longevity, and tips to make them last as long as possible.
What Is an Eyelash Lift?
A lash lift is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that enhances your natural lashes’ appearance. Unlike traditional perming solutions, it uses special products and tools to create a lift, volume, and curl in your lashes without the use of harsh chemicals.
During the procedure, a silicone pad or rod is used to shape the lashes, and a setting lotion is applied to fix them in place. The result? Instantly lifted and longer-looking lashes that maintain their elegance for weeks.
How Long Does Eyelash Lift Last?
The duration of an eyelash lift typically ranges from 6 to 8 weeks. However, the exact timeframe can vary due to several factors. With proper care and maintenance, you can maximize the results and enjoy beautiful lashes for an extended period.
Factors that determines the last of Eyelash Lifts
Several factors can influence the duration of your lash lift:
- Lash Growth Cycle: Each of your lashes has its own growth cycle, and as the treated lashes reach the end of their cycle and naturally fall out, the lift’s effects diminish. Unfortunately, this is a factor beyond your control.
- Aftercare: Proper post-treatment care is crucial. In the first 24 hours after your eyelash lift, avoid makeup, water, cleaning products, and touching your lashes. Any contact with makeup or water during this time can negatively impact the results.
- Maintenance: Following the procedure, refrain from using an eyelash curler, oil-based products, or waterproof makeup, as these can damage the chemical bonds and shorten the lift’s lifespan.
- Skin Type: If you have oily skin, your lashes may come into contact with excess sebum, which can break down the lift’s effects more quickly.
- Skincare Products: While you can return to your regular makeup and skincare routine after 48 hours, avoid using oil-based products, as they can speed up the reversion of your lashes to their original shape.
What to do to Make Eyelash Lift Last Longer?
To extend the life of your lash lift, consider these simple tips:
- Use an oil-free makeup remover and ensure no residue remains.
- Sleep on your back to prevent lash damage from pillow contact.
- Apply an eyelash serum to nourish and maintain lash health.
- Clean your eyelashes regularly to keep them in top shape.
Common question with eyelash lift
1. Mascara and eyelash lift: which one is better?
Mascara is like a quick fix for your lashes, giving them instant volume, length, and curl. It’s great for a daily makeup routine, and it washes off easily with makeup remover or water.
On the other hand, a lash lift provides a different kind of magic. It lasts much longer, usually around 6 to 8 weeks. So, if you’ve had a lash lift done by a skilled technician, you might not even need much mascara. This means less time spent on makeup and more time enjoying your naturally beautiful lashes.
2. What about Eyelash Tinting Alongside a Lash Lift?
Eyelash tinting and a lash lift can go hand in hand. Tinting darkens your lashes for a more defined look and can be done together with a lash lift. It’s cost-efficient and enhances the fullness and definition of your natural lashes. Remember that this combo is only used for healthy lashes.
3. Can I Curl My Lashes After a Lash Lift?
Yes, you can curl your natural lashes post-lash lift. However, keep in mind that the lash lift shapes and enhances your lashes for a specific effect. Curling them afterward may yield different results than when freshly lifted. To maintain that beautiful shape, high-quality mascara is your best friend.
4. Is a DIY Lash Lift a Good Idea?
No, attempting a lash lift at home is a big no-no. This procedure requires special products and tools that, if misused, could damage your natural lashes. It’s vital to find a certified lash lift technician with proper training to ensure safe and satisfying results. While you might consider home perms for your hair, messing with your eyelashes without proper qualifications is a risky business. It’s best to leave it to the pros.
5. Want to remove Eyelash Lift Sooner?
If you’re unhappy with your lash lift, you can expedite its removal by disregarding the aftercare instructions. Repeatedly wetting your lashes in the first 24 hours or introducing oils to your lashes can help reverse the effects.
In conclusion, lash lifts offer an excellent way to achieve beautiful lashes without the need for mascara. With the right care and attention to aftercare, you can enjoy the results for the anticipated 6-8 weeks or even longer. So, if you’re looking for a hassle-free way to enhance your natural beauty, consider an eyelash lift.